So i went to London a week ago for mas o menos...a week. I had sooo much fun...i thoroughly enjoyed my time with my family in London. My aunt is HILARIOUS and my cousins are precious too. I learned a lot, among many other things...SKANKIN... from my super genius little cousin Natalie.
So the journey to London...was a little bit rushed/stressful. I almost didn't make the flight.
I had to go to Malaga, a nearby city about 2hours (by bus away) to catch the plane. I knew that the first bus there was at 7am...which put me in Malaga at 9:00ish...and then I'd have to take another bus to the airport...give or take 45 minutes...putting me in the airport to go thru security at 9:45...and my flight left at 10:40. My other option was to go the night before and just sleep in the airport...
A rational person would sleep in the airport overnight...sooo I decided to take the 7am bus. I left the house at 6:15, hoping to take a bus to the bus station, so I wouldn't have to pay for a cab. at about 6:25, I started to get a little nervous because I still hadn't bought my ticket for the bus that was leaving at 7am. At 6:35...the bus FINALLY rolled around (after I asked a woman on the street what time buses started running...and she lied said she didn't know...but somehow ended up on the same bus as me...triflin heffer).
I got on the bus and at 6:50am I got to the bus station...I got my ticket and ran to the bus...and made it just in time for boarding. Once I got to Malaga, I found the bus that i had to take to the airport and I got there at about 9:50am. I was thinking that I was right on time because I'd already printed my boarding ticket. NOW WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME THAT MALAGA'S AIRPORT IS H U G E!!?!? After about 10 minutes I found the gates...but there was a monton...as in ridic amount ...of people in the line.
At this point I was definitely worried because although my flight left at 10:40, the gate closed at 10:20. I lucked out for a second and found a short line. As I went thru the metal detector...I remember my hair was pinned curled and her the gate make some kinda noise. So in full UUUGGGHHHHH mentality I waited to be checked by a security guard. By the time I was done it was 10:14, and I thought i wasn't going to have any more problems...
WRONG.
I walked up to the international gates ONLY to see a 100+ person line to go thru ANOTHER passport check. I just KNEW i wasn't going to make the flight but I heard some lady say something about how she had a last call. Although I wasn't POSITIVE about my own flights last call...I went with it and cut the ENTIRE line...when I say I literally FELT the hate seeping through my beret'ed hat, blazer AND peacot,....boy...they were hating me...but as usual...I DIDNT CARE. So as I went through the passport control I mas o menos ran (if you know me...you know i dont run...so it was more of Menos) and got to the gate where they let me know I was the last person on board.
Lovely.
But HEY! i made it so, I'm not mad at the situation at all...i just know that only by the Grace of God did I make that flight....next time I might just go with sleeping in the airport.
So the journey to London...was a little bit rushed/stressful. I almost didn't make the flight.
I had to go to Malaga, a nearby city about 2hours (by bus away) to catch the plane. I knew that the first bus there was at 7am...which put me in Malaga at 9:00ish...and then I'd have to take another bus to the airport...give or take 45 minutes...putting me in the airport to go thru security at 9:45...and my flight left at 10:40. My other option was to go the night before and just sleep in the airport...
A rational person would sleep in the airport overnight...sooo I decided to take the 7am bus. I left the house at 6:15, hoping to take a bus to the bus station, so I wouldn't have to pay for a cab. at about 6:25, I started to get a little nervous because I still hadn't bought my ticket for the bus that was leaving at 7am. At 6:35...the bus FINALLY rolled around (after I asked a woman on the street what time buses started running...and she lied said she didn't know...but somehow ended up on the same bus as me...triflin heffer).
I got on the bus and at 6:50am I got to the bus station...I got my ticket and ran to the bus...and made it just in time for boarding. Once I got to Malaga, I found the bus that i had to take to the airport and I got there at about 9:50am. I was thinking that I was right on time because I'd already printed my boarding ticket. NOW WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME THAT MALAGA'S AIRPORT IS H U G E!!?!? After about 10 minutes I found the gates...but there was a monton...as in ridic amount ...of people in the line.
At this point I was definitely worried because although my flight left at 10:40, the gate closed at 10:20. I lucked out for a second and found a short line. As I went thru the metal detector...I remember my hair was pinned curled and her the gate make some kinda noise. So in full UUUGGGHHHHH mentality I waited to be checked by a security guard. By the time I was done it was 10:14, and I thought i wasn't going to have any more problems...
WRONG.
I walked up to the international gates ONLY to see a 100+ person line to go thru ANOTHER passport check. I just KNEW i wasn't going to make the flight but I heard some lady say something about how she had a last call. Although I wasn't POSITIVE about my own flights last call...I went with it and cut the ENTIRE line...when I say I literally FELT the hate seeping through my beret'ed hat, blazer AND peacot,....boy...they were hating me...but as usual...I DIDNT CARE. So as I went through the passport control I mas o menos ran (if you know me...you know i dont run...so it was more of Menos) and got to the gate where they let me know I was the last person on board.
Lovely.
But HEY! i made it so, I'm not mad at the situation at all...i just know that only by the Grace of God did I make that flight....next time I might just go with sleeping in the airport.

No comments:
Post a Comment