[so i'm not sure how often im going to update this or how long the entries are gonna be but i guess here's my first real entry...{you can thank no internet and 23 hours of travle} ]
My flightS weren't too bad. From RDU my plane was delayed which RDU is truly developing a reputation for, so I expected it... Then I flew into JFK...ohemgee...literally the most confusing place, my ticket had no gate number so me thinking thats what the workers by the gate are for, asked someone, what did she do? scoff and tell me to look at a screen. I then explained to her if it were that simple I wouldve done so but the people on board at American Airlines told us to ask about our connecting flights when we got off...she looked at my ticket and said it was printed...i rolled my eyes took my ticket and went to ask someone else...who ALSO had no idea...i finally figured out thought that I had to go to another terminal on one of those trains from a security guard. Soooo because my flight at RDU had been delayed...i BARELY made it...but I made it nonetheless so I cant complain.
The flight from JFK to London was pretty straight n comfortable...i loved all of the british accents around me...i guess i didnt realize i'd be in a plane full of britts coming on british airways...The couldn't seem to understand me...so I thought it was appropriate to speak to them in a faux-british accent. They werent as receptive as I'd hoped for to that so I changed it up and went back to my normal accent, I just spoke to them ennunciating my words and speaking slowly.
At London my gate again wasnt printed but, feeling like a pro-traveler, found a screen where it said that it would be avaiable 2 hours from the time tht I looked at it. So i sat down and critiqued, judged, AND observed every single person who passed.
Here are soem of my conclusions:
Timbs are REALLY big among the white people
Too many had on jackets that looked like they were going on some extreme outdoor adventure
The rolling stones graphic is really popular...i wonder if the people know what band their repping
It is entirely too common and appropriate here for middle aged woman to look like they just stepped out of forever 21
British People are REALLLLYYYYY PALE (if theyre white)
Just because you have redish brown hair it is NOT ok to match your clogs with heels to it.
People who fly overnight and dont bother to clean themselves up a bit think its appropriate to talk up a storm sharing their gingivitis with the world
British People hold their mouthes funny...i think its so that the words come out sounding....all british
There are too many Bridget Jones look alikes (persona wise)
If you dont have boots you dont have ISH
Weave ponytails should REMAIN in 2001... i dont care WHO you are.
British white guys have tons more swag than american white boys
Between Madrid and Granada I had a SIX HOUR DELAY
The Madrid airport was far more fascinating than london but i was sooooo tired so i didnt bother to make observations. I DID however find my way to mcDs and ordered a mcpollo menu...im not gonna say it was disgusting...because it WAS edible but im normally in heaven @ mcDs with the mcchicken...i think they used the wrong mayo and plus it was overfried...who knows... i guess this is either marking the end of an era or marking the temporary end of an era...furthermore, the sprite was GROSS and it was on the plane too...no wonder europeans dont drink soda like talkin about...if that is what I had to drink...i wouldn't drink it either. anyhooo the rest of my time was spent watching people and tryin to not fall asleep.
The entire time of travel until i was on the plane to granada I only listened to two songs....Blame it on the Alcohol and Circus...on repeat.
At some point between getting of the plane and getting a new boarding pass for Granada I had my OHCRAP moment...like this is reality not some far away dream....
Anyhoo I finally got on the plane to Granada after being delayed for 3 hours. When I got off I just KNEW my bags would be lost…and they were. Apparently it never left RDU in Raleigh. Ahh well, it should come today.
Soooo, two songs, 1/2 an ipod batter, un mcpollo menu, countless mini naps, lots of gum, a little closer to arthritis of the jaw and corns on my feet, two lost bags, a couple of pictures, and more than $50.00 and 30 euro later…I arrived in Granada at my Hotel.
So in the words of my sister, Alexandra: LETS GET IT
LMAO! THIS ENTIRE POST HAD ME ROLLIN YO!
ReplyDeleteYOUR OBSERVATIONS ARE PURE COMEDY.
THE USE OF YOUR FAUX-BRITISH ACCENT & THEN SURPRISE WHEN THEY DIDN'T LIKE IT, IS EXTREMELY VICTORIA & MADE ME LAUGH THE HELL OUT LOUD!!!!
OOOO & PERHAPS I NEED TO COME TO BRITAIN TO FIND MY WHITE GUY.... HMMM LOL
ReplyDeletejajajajjaa
ReplyDeletethat's my spanish laugh.
LET'S GET IT.