My señora's name is Carmen and her husband is Paco.
Carmen is and has always been a housewife. You can tell she was real fly when she was younger she's always talking about her escapades in her youth. She used to travel a lot but stopped after she got married in her late teens because Paco was really jealous. She still travels now though with her friends and family. She grew up during the time of Franco and her dad was a republicano so she didn't really follow all of the rules that Franco forced upon the people. I think because of the time in which she grew up she is very skeptical of politics, whenever the politicians are on the tv, that is always on, she always says MENTIRAS MENTIRAS, todos son MENTIROSOS but she is very informed of what is going on. She LOVES music (which she says was outlawed during Franco's rule) and all kinds of art. She extremely well read and intelligent she has tons of books on the world wars, franco, and bulls. I told her i like music with soul and she was quick to tell me about how she also likes music with soul and asked me if liked Bob Marley...thats when I realized that i effs with Carmen, if you're a Bob fan that just makes you 100x cooler...furthermore she realized the soul that he has. Carmen definitely has soul though, which is probably why she can see it in Bob Marley and Louis Armstrong and all of the artists that she likes.
Paco is retired. He worked for 50 years with some company that deals with insurance claims (i think) at some point he also went to school at night while he worked during the day. Paco goes to the gym everyday in the morning then watches tv and reads newspapers if he and carmen are not entertaining guests. Its kind of strange that Paco goes to the gym because he is this short round man. His stomach is HUGE! He looks like the kid in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory that eats a plum and blows up. He's the after shot. Paco is really very quiet but I think he's just shy. So Spaniards don't like feet but for some reason Paco has begun to show his feet to us. Now in Biology in high school I learned that the less genetic variablity you have the more likely you are to have mutations. Now I'm not saying that his feet are mutated per se...BUT...he is def pure blood. They're like one genetic cross away from deformity. Anyway, normally his feet will be propped up with out slippers, he normally covers them but on occasion he's revealed them. My favorite Paco memories thus far have to be when this commercial with this heavy beat came on...
Paco was just chillin...attempting to cross his legs...when all of a sudden this spirit took over his feet and they started to twitch rapidly and move as though to try and get comfortable...it was unbelievable they took on a life of their own totally independent from the upper half of Paco, that we all know, the quiet semi-somber one...i soon realized he was moving his feet to the beat. I almost DIED from laughter. But of course I couldn't laugh because it was dinner plus he would know that I was laughing at him so i just held it in until i could laugh about it 20 minutes later in my room. A week a later a similar incidence happened with Independent Woman by Destiny's Child. Except this time he incorporated his hands. I don't know if it was funny that it was happening again or because it was to Independent Woman and he had no idea what the words were. Either way it was HILARIOUS and i couldn't really contain my laugh so i bowed my head and acted like there was something on the ground that I was looking for. Paco is hilarious and he definitely has rhythm.
Soo a semester with rhythm and soul...i think i can handle it
No comments:
Post a Comment