Saturday, February 21, 2009

My IPOD=you're soundtrack


So, I have a 25-35 minute walk to school everyday (and twice a day on tuesday and thursdays for my evening class). I got a big ipod for Christmas and i'm sooo glad because it helps the time pass by.


The first I realized I should just listen to my ipod I was by correo which is at the heart of the city and pretty equidistant from my house and school. This girl who thought she was fly...pretty sure she was american...was on this super power walk. I think we were both going to the CLM (center for modern languages) and we were both late. Normally, I would not pay attention to her and just go about my merry way. However, all of a sudden Crime Mob's "Knuck If You Buck" rang in my ears and felt the need to challenge her. So as the words CRIME MOB HO rang in my ears I adjusted my bag, put some pep in my step, and the duel began. I'm not sure if she knew it was battle but it was ON. She may not have known it was a battle but she was def trying to out stomp me. Even when she appeared to get in front of me a smidgen she was so short so I looked ahead, mapped out the best way to pass and executed the plan flawlessly. It was great I felt a little too empowered. Like the city was MINE and she knew it to. By the time the girls part came in the song she was literally eating my dust. And even though I was totally winded, you would have never known...i like to think that I just looked like I knew where I was going like a native. After the song was over, "Supergirl" by Krystal came on. I felt this was oddly appropriate...then I realized it was "supergirl" from the Princess Diaries...laughed at it and went into the CLM where I immediately bought a 1.5 liter bottle of water and down a fourth of it.


Today I Stankyed Legged to school right after I wiped myself down. It was a great way to wake up the city at 7:45 in the morning. Yes I actually did it as I walked down this back alley which is supposed to be a shortcut but is so much less of a shortcut and so much more, just plain sketchy. But oh well. When in Granada...

Anyhoo, Of course when I got to the main street and (thankfully) there was a red light which was perfect for the dooty-boot part and whoop-di-dee-doo part, i got a little lost in the music and it turned green. So as I was trying to go and finish my half dougie and of course I tripped but the Spaniards were real cool about it no one tried to play me so I just went with it and worked on my dougie. It happened another time later on but I didn't look to see who saw. I just can't WAIT for the opportunity to bring the Stanky Leg to Spain! I'm totally convinced it'll spread like wild fire. I can just picture them adding it a Salsa move or Flamenco dance.


I just wish the world could hear the greatness that exists in my Ipod. I know the world would be a better place.

2 comments:

  1. AW! V.! I wish I had an iPod now... I swear I am not buying anything until I can purchase 1.

    xxo - see you soon
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved listening to my ipod on my 30 min walk to class in the mornings! And I hate it when people walk around campus like that here haha.
    -Sibrack

    ReplyDelete