I've been here for a little over 2months and the time fleeewwwww by! Certainly much faster than my last two months in Granada.
However, around the 2 month mark I realized that I actually MISS Grana'...the people there (not the americans)...the beautiful city, the language, the LIFE!
I learned a lot about myself in Spain. I learned how little tolerance I have for LAMENESS...and how I'm not really willing to pretend to like someone...for any reason.
I also learned that I'm realllyyyy thankful for all of my life experiences. So many of the students had never been outside of the country or even outside of their same like-minded areas...so they were essentially star struck (the star being europe).
Some people lived in very liberal areas but had never been exposed to conservative ideology...but because they LIKED where they came from they didn't understand that there was a problem with the lack of diversity that they'd been exposed to. Some people were okay with the lack of physical diversity because they lacked it in their homes. Many had never seen a variety of socioeconomic neighborhoods (with the exception of their day trip community service "projects"). Tooo many had never been exposed to CULTURE. True culture. I'm not talking about wine...or books...or a class assignment. I mean different languages and lifestyles.
SAD for them.
I also realized that your company/surroundings make ALL the difference in the world!
If you don't have people who you can relate to or have similar interests among all the differing experiences...it can suck. The converse is true as well...you can be around like-interested people and have a ball!
I wasn't one of the people that didn't want to leave Granada...because...i LOVE the communities that I am a part of in America. I think alot of kids realized that they weren't content with their lives at home so they came with lower expectations and hopes of escaping. I on the other hand had high expectations and ZERO intentions of escaping...why leave something i love?? Although my time there was great...I had a great place to come back to.
I realized that no matter where you are....

Anyhoo overall it was a growing experience and I'm definitely glad I went. I needed a break from this world here and I came back with a clear mind and calm spirit.
Would I go back to Spain again? SURE... [Only conditions...going with my friends OR going where physical diversity exists]
Did I accomplish my goals? SURE...i can speak spanish at a level that I'm comfortable with...and i broadened my horizons..
Would I recommend others to go? Suu...Maybe...if you want diversity, NO. If you want to party, YES. If you want culture, YES. If you want a good experience, YES
smh loser lol... u didnt vent 2 much haha
ReplyDelete