My life a couple of weeks ago...was just...not going well...to say the least...
It started when I tried to add money to my phone that i'm ALWAYS recharging...but cannot yet bring myself to add more than €5.00 at a time. I was trying a new thing...where I was going to ask the guy to charge it to my debit card instead of being charged the international withdrawl-ing fee. Unfortunately, my card was denied...i skipped the i'm going to be embarrased part and decided to try and take out money later...
Of course I was unable to. Sooo I skyped bank of america who told me that because I was in Spain, and they didn't know, they cancelled my card and sent a new one to my New Orleans address.
*NOTE: 1) my mailing address to n.o. expired in december which they have noted
2) they did not bother to call me to (a) ask if i'd lost my card (b) notify me that they cancelled my card
3) at this point i'd been in Spain for OVER A MONTH AND A HALF and using my pin as well as charging things...but that didn't appear suspicious to them
So I demanded to speak to a couple of supervisors and got them to mail me a new card to my address here in spain (that was like 2 weeks ago...still haven't got it...hmmm theyll be recieving a call tonight)
I just kind of let all of that go and went on a search for flamenco...which i Failed at...but i'll expand on that in the next post.
So the entire weekend the shower was clogged with my roommates hair and the water was freezing
*NOTE: i'm overcoming it now...but i used to have a phobia/extreme distate for WHITE GIRL HAIR...
Anyhoo, on Monday I go to school and try to download Vicky Christina Barcelona to watch and of course it takes like 6 hours but just as its about to finish I leave and go to dinner...
the Next day...I open up my computer and realize that it won't turn on.
I refuse to believe its broken and instead google on the public PCs variations of "my macbook won't turn on, what should I do" I try EVERYTHING for 2 more hours and nothing works.
Mia agrees to take it to the shop for me while I go to class and even tho, I'm broke without a computer and phone or any way to access my funds...i'm looking on the brightside...things can't reallllyyyy get worse right?
So on my way to lunch I decided to listen to my ipod and put it on shuffle...and like an angelic chorous singing Alleluia Christ is here...i hear the powerful words CRIME MOB HOOOEEE!! And "Knuck if you buck" starts playing...
For those of you that don't know or didn't see my other post....Knuck if you buck has a strange power over me...all of a sudden my shoulders were relaxed and pushed back, my head was high, my eyes slightly squinted, i began walking to the beat and before I knew it I had a smug smirk on my face. All was well with the world. Granada was MY TOWN...as I walked people moved out of my way...a dog even looked at me and moved towards me but i gave it ONE good look and it wimpered and cowered back to its owner. I remembered tha I brought my Wachovia bank card...things were looking up. Thats when I knew...things really were going to get better. I had transferred the bad luck. I had RECLAIMED THE VICTORY, I had told the bad luck to SUCK IT, and you know...i felt darn good about it...
Content with my reclamation, I went to lunch where Mia texted me that the store was closed...but you I was in my groove...i figured...no pasa nada, i can go back tomorrow when i don't have class, i know its not broken because i told the bad luck buh-bye.
I should have known better...
The next day I go...and with the man at the store's rough spanglish and my limited espangles...he informed me that I should buy a new computer because it would take €600 to fix what he thought might be the problem and even still the computer was just continue to get worse...
That was when I entered deep mourning...
All the while, I was awaiting my bank of america card...but I'd told my parents about my wachovia card, which I hadn't used since the 11th grade, but they could put money in my account.
Soooo at this point its mid week, my dad put money in my account so in an ideal world I should have been able to withdrawl money...right?
WRONG.
Before I withdrew the money I decided to not make the same mistake and to call the people so that they would not freeze my account. My dad asked for a number I could call when he put the money and everything so all bases were covered...
WRONG AGAIN.
After the woman told me that it was noted, I tried to withdrawl money....DENIED.
I was superbly PISSED and called wachovia again. Only for them to tell me that my account was Dormant, and I had to tell them to remove the dormant status for me to be able to use my card, which took about 24 hours.
OF course, no one felt the need to let me know this minor detail in the two Other interactions with them...so the guy theennnn had the audacity to ask me if I wanted the dormant status removed...Never in my life have I even been so tempted to say the N word...i was just like YESSSS sir!
Later on that day I was going to volunteer with a friend of mine...and we of course got lost...but at that point I didn't even care I just knew that something good had to be coming because I was being placed in the most UNFORTUNATE situations...
By the time we got there an hour later...they told us that they didn't need volunteers until later on in the month and they'd call us.
I thought about getting realllyyyy irritated that I'd spent and hour and a half looking for a place that basically told me I wasn't needed...but i charged it to the game and kept on chuggin
i felt like the engine that could--nt
but i decided that MAYBE JUST MAYBE tomorrow, Thursday, would be a better day.
The next I got up...a little different than my naively optomistic days...and I made it my goal to just get through the day...
At 1 o'clock....
I decided to try my luck with my atm/debit card...(knowing good and well i didnt remember my pin)....and
*da-da-da-dahhh*
IT WOORRRKKKEEEDDDD!!!!
la mala suerte ha salido y la buena suerte viene!!! I was ecstatic and mia and i celebrated all weekend with pizza hut, tapas, and mcDs =)
And since then NOTHINGS been that bad...
Still don't have a comp...but its all good I'll get one again eventually =)

I call this one "MACBLISS" R.I.P (2006-2009)
LOL... I'm sorry. I was imagining you listening to knuck if you buck! lol
ReplyDelete"i felt like the little engine that could--nt."
ReplyDeleteawhhhhahaha. i'm glad that things are looking up, though :)
lol... vicky smh now u have 3 comments :-()
ReplyDelete